Now that 2011 has come and gone, it’s time for Comic Timing’s annual best and worst of 2011 episode! Ian and Brent are joined by Brandon Christopher (TheDabbaDon) and Chad Burdette (caburdet78) as we ramble off everything that 2011 did for us as readers of comics and watchers of comic movies. We also ramble and meander, as always when it’s this particular grouping of individuals on a call. The questions asked to all participants on the call were as follows:
1) If you would have told me in 2010 I’d be reading ________ in 2011, I would have called you a liar.
2) My life is better since I dropped ___________.
3) Of all the NuDCU titles, _________ blew me away. It’s a shame ________ couldn’t have been this good.
4) Thank you 2011 for giving me _______. Best new title around, period.
5) When they canceled __________, I was incredibly annoyed. When they canceled ___________, I danced for joy.
6) The team of __________ and __________ were the writer/artist team of 2011 bar none.
7) __________ was a miniseries/maxiseries that told a complete story even though it only had a few issues to do it with.
8 ) Some of the prettiest pages of 2011 came from ____________’s pencils.
9) The cover to _____________ got me to buy the book.
10) The collected edition for ___________ was completely worth the price.
11) I had such high hopes for _________ until I actually sat down and read it.
12) Best writer of 2011? Had to be ________.
13) Although there weren’t many crossovers or events in 2011, ___________ was the hit of the year.
14) If I had to choose a publisher of the year, the honor goes to ____________.
15) When I read the news about ___________, 2011 changed for me.
16) Man, _________ was a story arc that completely delivered on its promises.
17) Out of all the creators out there, you could say that ___________ had the best year.
18) _____________ was the character of 2012. Who knew?
19) Going into 2012, I am looking forward to _____________ the most out of Marvel.
20) DC’s ________ has me juiced for 2012!
As always – we are sponsored by DCBS! That’s right! Discount Comic Book Service! For those of you who have not used DCBS before you can save an additional 8% off your first order via the promo code: CT8. Plus, be sure to check out DCBS’ new Comixology digital store! This month’s Review Corner picks are as follows:
AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #0 (OF 12): 50% off (DCBS at $1.99/regular price $3.99)
HELL YEAH #1: 50% off (DCBS at $1.99/regular price $3.99)