As we move slowly into convention season, there is kind of a dearth of interesting comics news to work through some weeks. Oh sure, we could weigh in on Marvel’s comments at ComicsPRO that the reason their sales are down is because of DC shipping cheaper books, but that’s a little inside baseball even for us. And besides: we all know that the people at Marvel will say absolutely anything if it means Issac Perlmutter turns his Sauron doom-eye back toward Kevin Feige.
So this week, we stick with talking this weeks’ comics, including:
- Justice League of America #1, written by Steve Orlando with art by Ivan Reis,
- Darkness Visible #1, written by Mike Carey and Arvind Ethan David with art by Brendan Cahill,
- The Old Guard #1, written by Greg Rucka with art by Leandro Fernandez
- Hulk #3, written by Mariko Tamaki with art by Nico Leon, and:
- The Amazing Spider-Man #24, written by Dan Slott and Christos Gage with art by Giuseppe Camuncoli!
However, the disclaimers:
- This show contains spoilers. If you don’t want to know how many of this week’s comic books actually feature The Hulk (hint: it’s one fewer than you’d think!), then consider yourself forewarned.
- This show contains adult, profane language, and is therefore not safe for work. Let’s just say that Rob curses enough about The Clone Conspiracy this week to make the phrase “Ben Reilly” an obscenity by association. So consider using earbuds.