SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 37, November 1962, was published on September 27, 1962 (which was my second birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger (who I mistakenly said was also the artist for all three stories in this issue, He drew the final two stories). It featured the issue’s third and final story. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– THE FORBIDDEN BOX (7 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Leo Dorfman (?) as possibly the writer. The penciller was Curt Swan and the inker was George Klein. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 72, February 1967, published on December 20 (I mistakenly said December 10), 1967. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢.
– THE IMMORTAL LOIS LANE (10 pgs.), writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credited Robert Bernstein as the writer. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist.
– LOIS LANE’uS WEDDING DAY (9 pgs.), writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database credit Leo Dorfman as the writer. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 86, September/October 1968, published on July 11, 1968. It contained 80 pages for the cover price of a quarter.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 29 titles carried the November or November/December 1962 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 65 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 130!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!