We are just a couple of weeks out of San Diego Comic-Con, and that means that we are heading into the Big Two’s fall event schedule, so we discuss Marvel’s upcoming Avengers & X-Men: AXIS crossover, as well as events in general, and event fatigue specifically.
And by specifically, we discuss events we liked over the years, events we hated, how it rarely feels like there’s any stakes to what comes out of them, and how sometimes they can lead to unintended consequences that can require years and a reboot to repair (Hi, Infinite Crisis and Justice League: Cry For Justice!).
We also talk about:
- Captain Marvel #6, written by Kelly Sue DeConnick with art by David Lopez, and,
- Batman #34, story by Scott Snyder and Gerry Duggan, script by Gerry Duggan with art by Matteo Scalera, and:
- How Rob wound up drinking one of the first 12 Zimas on the planet (really)!
And now the disclaimers:
- We record this show live to tape. While that can sometimes mean things are looser than you might find in other comics podcasts, it also means that anything can happen. Like stories about Zima.
- This show contains spoilers. While we try to shout out a warning ahead of time, they can happen almost anytime.
- This show contains adult language, and is not safe for work. Unless your job is being the guy who created Zima, in which case, you’ve had all these obscenities shouted at you before.