ACTION COMICS 297, February 1963, was published on December 27, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢, and, according to the Statement Of Ownership printed inside, had a total circulation of 435,000 copies. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein, the same art team for the Superman story in this issue.
– THE MAN WHO BETRAYED SUPERMAN’S IDENTITY (13 pgs.), was written by Leo Dorfman, and was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. IV.
– Supergirl starred in the 13 page story, THE FORBIDDEN WEAPONS OF KRYPTON, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney, and was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are this issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 16!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 44!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1963: ACTION COMICS 298!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!