SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 42, January 1960, was published on November 19, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the issue’s third and final story. All three stories have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III.
– THE BIG SUPERMAN MOVIE (9 pgs.), writer is unknown, but Curt Swan pencilled the story, which was inked by John Forte.
– PERRY WHITE, CUB REPORTER (7 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte. This story was also reprinted in 80 PG. GIANT 13, August 1965 (published around June 17, 1965), and SUPERMAN: DAILY PLANET.
– JIMMY THE GENIE (10 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein and pencilled by Curt Swan. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and The Comic Book Database, Craig Flessel is credited as the inker. The Grand Comic Book Database lists the inker as possibly ?John Giunta?
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features in this issue, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 23 titles carried the January or January/February 1960 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1962: ACTION COMICS 295!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1960 PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 107!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 15!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.