SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 13, November 1959, was published on September 20, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the issue’s third and final story. All three stories have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III.
– INTRODUCING … LOIS LANE’S PARENTS (9 pgs.) was written by Robert Bernstein (according to the Grand Comic Book Database. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics does not list a writer. Both sources agree on the artist, classic Lois Lane artist Kurt Schaffenberger.
– ALIAS LOIS LANE (9 pgs.) was also done by the same creative team.
– THE SHOCKING SECRET OF LOIS LANE (8 pgs.) was written by Bill Finger (according to comics.org, while dcindexes.com does not list a writer. Both sources agree on the art team of penciller Wayne Boring and inker Stan Kaye.
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features in this issue, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962 PART I: SUPERMAN 156!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962 COVER DATE PART II: ACTION COMICS 293!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1959 PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 41!
In a month: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1959 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 106!
Adam Dechanel, writer for the Superman Homepage, is the writer and co-producer of THE JUNGLE BOOK, a theatrical adaption of the classic Rudyard Kipling story, at a London Theater this holiday season. For more information, go to http://www.thejunglebook.eu/.
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !