SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 12, October 1959, was published on August 11, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the issue’s second of three stories. The stories in this issue have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III. The writer for all three stories was Robert Bernstein, according to the Grand Comic Book Database. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics does not list a writer.
– THE MERMAID FROM METROPOLIS (9 pgs.), The artist was iconic Lois Lane artist Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was also reprinted in LOIS LANE ANNUAL 1 and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. I.
– THE GIRL ATLAS (8 pgs.), was also drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– LOIS LANE LOVES CLARK KENT (9 pgs.), was drawn by Al Plastino.
This episode also highlights the ads and other features in this issue, including the LETTERS FOR LOIS column.
Because this is the first of two episodes covering the Superman Family issues cover dated October 1959, the other DC titles which carried the same cover date will be covered at the end of next episode.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1959 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 40!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1962: ACTION COMICS 292!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.