SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 39, September 1959, was published around July 2, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the issue’s first story. All three 8 page stories were done by the same creative team, writer Otto Binder, penciller Curt Swan and inker John Forte, and have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III.
– THE SUPER-LAD OF SPACE
– THE MILLION-DOLLAR MISTAKE
– JIMMY OLSEN’S SUPER-SIGNALS
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 104, September 1959, was published on July 16, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 12 page Superman / Batman story was titled THE PLOT TO DESTROY SUPERMAN, written by Bill Finger and pencilled by Dick Sprang. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, Sheldon Moldoff was the inker. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Charles Paris as the inker.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the 7 page story titled, PRISONERS OF AMAZON ASTEROID, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Jim Mooney.
– Green Arrow was featured in the 6 page story titled, ALIAS CHIEF MAGIC BOW, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias.
Elsewhere in DC Comics 32 titles carried the September or September/October 1959 cover date. These titles were covered in Episode 196, for the week of September 14, 2011.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1962: SUPERMAN 155 & ACTION COMICS 291!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1959: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 12 & SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 40!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.