WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 101, May 1959, was published around March 5, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 12 page Superman/Batman story was titled THE MENACE OF THE ATOM-MASTER, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This story was reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVE vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Tomahawk starred in the six page story THE AMAZING STAND AT FORT SCARECROW, written by Dave Wood and drawn by Bob Brown.
– Green Arrow wrapped up the issue in the six page story THE BATTLE OF THE USELESS INVENTIONS, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 9, May 1959, was published around March 24, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It featured the issue’s third and final story, which co-starred singer Pat Boone.
– THE MOST HATED GIRL IN METROPOLIS (8 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein (according to comics.org). Dcindexes.com did not list a writer, but both sources agree on the artist, Kurt Schaffenberger.
– LOIS LANE’S STONE-AGE SUITOR (8 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein (according to comics.org). Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist.
– SUPERMAN’S MYSTERY SONG (10 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein (according to comics.org), pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by John Forte.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1962: SUPERMAN 153 & ACTION COMICS 288!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1959: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 37 & WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 102!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUP
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!