WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 82, May/June 1956, was published around March 29, 1956. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Win Mortimer.
– The 12 page Superman/Batman story was THE THREE SUPER MUSKETEERS, written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Stan Kaye. It was reprinted in THE GREATEST TEAM-UP STORIES EVER TOLD, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVE vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Tomahawk starred in the 6 page second story of the issue, THE INDIAN FORTUNE TELLER, drawn by Fred Ray.
– The final 6 page story of the issue starred Green Arrow in THE PICTURES OF PERIL, written by Dave Wood? and drawn by George Papp.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 27 titles carried the May or May/June 1956 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1959: SUPERMAN 130 & ACTION COMICS 254!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JUNE 1956: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #13!
Go to http://supergirlpodcast.wordpress.com to keep updated on a new podcast featuring the Girl of Steel, coming in August!
Also, if you know the original publication information for a Superman story involving his alien zoo at his Fortress of Solitude, reprinted in the 1970 SUPERMAN BUMPER BOOK, a UK Superman hardcover anthology, post it in comments or through the contact information below.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – https://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://fortressofbaileytude.com/supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.