(Pictured clockwise from top left: Derrick Fish, Allen Bellman, Terry Moore, Renee Witterstaetter. Not pictured: Thom Zahler.)
The comic book professionals I interviewed at MegaCon 2011 were:
– Derrick Fish, creator, writer and artist who self publishes his title THE WELLKEEPER. http://www.thewellkeeper.com . I interviewed him on Friday.
– On Saturday I interviewed Thom Zahler, creator, writer, artist, letterer and colorist of his comic book LOVE AND CAPES, now published by IDW. http://www.loveandcapes.com .
On Sunday I interviewed three comic book professionals:
– Allen Bellman, golden age comic book artist for Marvel/Timely during the 1940’s and 1950’s. http://allenbellman.com .
– Renee Witterstaetter of Eva Ink Publishing http://www.evainkpublishing.com, http://www.evainkartistgroup.com/ and http://witterstaetterwrites.blogspot.com/ .
– Terry Moore, creator, writer, artist and letterer of STRANGERS IN PARADISE, ECHO and, beginning in July, RACHEL RISING. http://strangersinparadise.com .
Follow up episodes on MegaCon 2011 will feature the panels I covered. While they don’t feature Superman, I want to share some of my convention experience. I enjoy panels about the craft of comic book creation, and spotlight various creators whose work I enjoy, so the panels I’ll feature will reflect that.
Next Episode: COMICS NOIR PANEL, which was the first panel I attended.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://fortressofbaileytude.com/supermanpodcastnetwork !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to email@example.com.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:25 — 20.9MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |