SUPERMAN 179, August 1965, was published on June 17, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. It featured the issue’s first of its three stories.
– (7:28) R. I. P. Stan Lee 1922 – 2018.
– (15:18) THE OUTLAW FORT KNOX (8 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Al Plastino.
– (26:18) THE MENACE OF GOLD KRYPTONITE: TALES OF KRYPTONITE NUMBER 4 (9 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino. This story was also reprinted in BEST OF DC 36, May 1983, released on February 3, 1983. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of $1.25.
– (44:59) PRIVATE KENT, THE FIGHTING MARINE (8 pgs.), written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1965 PART IV: ACTION COMICS 327 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 59!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1965: PART I: SUPERMAN’ S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 87, PART II: 80 PAGE GIANT 14 (featuring Lois Lane), PART III: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 152 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 328!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!