One of Our Favorites
Lately on The Comics Alternative‘s Kickstarter series, Derek has been focusing more on small presses that are currently crowdfunding their seasonal releases. (See previous shows devoted to Kilgore Books and Nix Comics.) And this weekend’s show is similar, highlighting the latest Kickstarter campaign from Retrofit Comics. On this episode, Derek talks with Jared Smith about efforts for funding their diverse array of 2018 titles.
This current Kickstarter campaign revolves around the 12 books they plan on releasing this year. Backers of this project can look forward to:
- All the Sad Songs – Summer Pierre
- Fashion Forecasts – Yumi Sakugawa
- I Love You – Sara Lautman
- John, Dear – Laura Lannes
- Our Wretched Town Hall – Eric Kostiuk Williams
- The Prince – Liam Cobb
- Survive 300 Million 1 – Pat Aulisio
- Survive 300 Million 2: Serpentine Captives – Pat Aulisio
- The Troublemakers – Baron Yoshimoto
- TRUMPTRUMP vol. 2: Modern Day Presidential – Warren Craghead III
- Understanding – Becca Tobin
- The Winner – Karl Stevens
In their conversation, Derek talks with Jared about some of the history of Retrofit Comics and its relationship with Big Planet Comics — in both its publishing and brick-and-mortar manifestations — their more recent efforts in manga, and, of course, the impressive roster of this year’s creators. As listeners of The Comics Alternative know, Retrofit/Big Planet is one of the Two Guys’ absolute favorite publishers…small press or otherwise. If you don’t already know about this publisher, then shame on you! All the more reason to back this campaign and get the 2018 releases from Retrofit Comics!