1) Welcome to Completely Comics: Is this a Watchmen episode where we have feedback or a feedback episode where we talk about the Watchmen/? You Decide…
2) Update with the guys
- Troy talks about ‘Sweepstaking’ information he learned from www.bankrate.com.
- Will shares our Facebook campaign where we need 300 likes by the end of February. Please like us at www.facebook.com/completelycomics.
3) Comic Book News
- DC ENTERTAINMENT OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES “BEFORE WATCHMEN”By David Hyde This summer, DC Entertainment will publish all-new stories expanding on the acclaimed WATCHMEN universe. As highly anticipated as they are controversial, the seven inter-connected prequel mini-series will build on the foundation of the original WATCHMEN, the bestselling graphic novel of all time. BEFORE WATCHMEN will be the collective banner for all seven titles, from DC Comics.“It’s our responsibility as publishers to find new ways to keep all of our characters relevant,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee. “After twenty five years, the Watchmen are classic characters whose time has come for new stories to be told. We sought out the best writers and artists in the industry to build on the complex mythology of the original.” Stepping up to the challenge is a group of the comic book industry’s most iconoclastic writers and artists – including Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS), Lee Bermejo (JOKER), Amanda Conner (POWER GIRL), Darwyn Cooke (JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW FRONTIER), John Higgins (WATCHMEN), Adam Hughes (CATWOMAN), J.G. Jones (FINAL CRISIS), Andy Kubert (FLASHPOINT), Joe Kubert (SGT. ROCK), Jae Lee (BATMAN: JEKYLL AND HYDE), J. Michael Straczynski (SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE) and Len Wein (SWAMP THING).BEFORE WATCHMEN includes:RORSCHACH (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo MINUTEMEN (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke COMEDIAN (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes NITE OWL (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner Each week, a new issue will be released, and will feature a two-page back-up story called CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR, written by original series editor Len Wein and with art by original series colorist John Higgins. There will also be a single issue, BEFORE WATCHMEN: EPILOGUE, featuring the work of various writers and artists, and a CRIMSON CORSAIR story by Wein and Higgins.“The original series of WATCHMEN is the complete story that Alan Moore and I wanted to tell. However, I appreciate DC’s reasons for this initiative and the wish of the artists and writers involved to pay tribute to our work. May these new additions have the success they desire,” said Dave Gibbons, WATCHMEN co-creator and original series artist. “Comic books are perhaps the largest and longest running form of collaborative fiction,” said DiDio and Lee. “Collaborative storytelling is what keeps these fictional universes current and relevant.”
- Spider-Men is coming in June.
- Director Matthew Vaughn is returning for an X-Men: First Class sequel, Deadline reported Monday. The news was tucked into a post on Fox production president Emma Watts sticking with the studio through 2015, along with word that Bryan Singer is returning as producer, and that Simon Kinberg — a First Class producer and co-writer of X-Men: The Last Stand — will write the screenplay. Though no other details are yet available — like possible storylines, actors returning or an estimated start time for production — in the same article Deadline speculates that Chronicle director Josh Trank might be tapped for a Fantastic Four reboot, also at Fox. X-Men: First Class, released last June, grossed $146.4 million domestically, for a worldwide total of $353.6 million.
- Ghost Rider 2 Movie is being realeased in Theaters February 17.
4) Listener Feedback
Thank you for calling in:
- Dapper Daniel Frazier from www.nightclawandprowler.weebly.com
- Omniac from www.deadtelevisionsociety.com
- Chris Epps, who we met at Derby City Comic Con whose Grandfather gave him a box of comics that included Amazing Fantasy #15.
- THE Eric C. Bannister from www.derbycitycomiccon.com
- Natasha from www.kentuckygeekgirl.com
- Kevin Joseph from www.tartwebcomic.blogspot.com
- Jeffrey R. DeRego from Union Dues, found here on Facebook and Preorder his upcoming book here http://www.encpress.com/EC.html
5) Contact Information: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or search Completely Comics on Facebook. Or leave a voicemail at 641.715.3900 and enter extension 694617#
Help out the show by buying any of the mentioned comics via our affiliate link: www.completelycomics.wordpress.com/helptheshow