Top L to R: Georges Jeanty, Allan Dempsey.
Bottom: L – R: Elliot Fernandez, Chuck Dixon, Justin Pegg, Andy Price and Jeremy Dale.
Not shown: Christopher Lee and Mike Atiyeh
The WORKING ON LICENSED COMICS panel was the second panel I attended at MEGACON on Saturday, March 16, 2013. Once again I want to thank the guys of the RACK PACK COMICS PODCAST for allowing me to record this panel, which they hosted, and post the audio for this episode. Rack Pack moderators Christopher Lee, Allan Dempsey and Justin Pegg discussed the pros and cons of working on comic book titles of licensed properties, as well as the properties’ fan followings with:
– Chuck Dixon, veteran comic book writer who now writes the G. I. JOE title for IDW. @dixonverse
– Andy Price. artist on MY LITTLE PONY for IDW. @andypriceart
– Jeremy Dale, artist on G. I. JOE for IDW, and creator of SKYWARD. @jeremydale
– George Jeanty, artist on the comic book BUFFY from Dark Horse Comics. @kabalounge
– Mike Atiyeh, colorist on the STAR WARS titles with Dark Horse Comics.
– Elliot Fernandez, artist on trading cards and storyboards. His art is also available at artwanted.com, tumblr and his blog.
Next Episode: MEGACON 2013 PART IV: DEAN CAIN PANEL!
In 2 Episodes: MEGACON 2013 PART V: GAIL SIMONE SPOTLIGHT!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I’m drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:57 — 44.6MB)
Subscribe: Android |