Hey, we’re here this week too! In between episodes of me packing for my upcoming move, we’re looking at Thor v.2 #28, in which our hero and the Warriors Three do some New York City sight-seeing, Sif does some ruling, the Wrecker and his Wrecking Crew hang around in a cheap motel… in costume… and someone offers to “polish Thor’s helmet”…if you know what I mean… Don’t miss it!
Spotlight is on and it’s shining on Justice League of America #12. How is the start to the hunt for Ray Palmer? Find out now!
Jim and Eric get together to talk some comics, but with the current state of DC Comics, they wonder if they are burned out. That doesn’t stop them from talking for over 7 hours about the books, bats in the attic, flea market shopping and other things… Enjoy!
Jim and Eric get together to talk about Wonder Woman Vol 1: Blood. Enjoy and let us know what you thought of it.
It’s a computer problems special! Part 5 of this compilation includes “The Lay of Vafthrudnir” from Ep. 126, “Thor’s Journey To Utgard” from Ep. 99, and “The Lay of Hymir” from Ep. 207! There are feats of strength! Lame Goats! Dead giants! Odin dickery! Thor going on a fishing trip! Good stuff, y’all!
Jim, Eric and Reggie get together to discuss all of this weeks books and also the question of whether Batman is a Metahuman. There is a ton more as the GFC gets involved to give you the longest podcast out there with Weird and Science and DC Comics in it’s name. Enjoy!
Jim and Eric shine the Spotlight on the finale to the Revenge arc. Who comes out on top, the Super League or the Revenge Squad? Listen to find out…
Jim, Eric, Reggie and the GFC get together to discuss Kite Man’s origin, Superman’s love of the U.S.A. and so much more. Hear what Jim’s favorite color pants are and maybe even an alt-version of Forest Gump…Hell Yea!
- Intro (0:00), News (42:56), Mail #1 (1:03:23), Books – See Full List Below (1:32:01), Mail #2 (3:18:49), Marvel Minute – Astonishing X-Men #1 (3:57:29), Mail #3 (6:20:58), Mail #4 (8:05:08), Vermillion’s Vsion – Maximum Ride Vol 1 (8:38:30)
- DC Comics Reviewed: Batman #27 (1:39:34), Superman #27 (2:33:48), Nightwing #25 (2:55:45), Green Lanterns #27 (4:40:32), Green Arrow #27 (5:05:10), Justice League #25 (5:48:38), Aquaman #26 (6:55:52), Harley Quinn #24 (7:21:57), Young Animal – Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #10 (7:46:08), Batwoman #5 (9:01:18), Trinity #11 (9:22:35)
- Support us on Patreon and get more and more shows! Go HERE to give us your cash!
- Keywords: Comics, Comic Books, Comic Book Podcast, Comics Podcast, Batman, Superman, DC Comics, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Podcast, Comic Book, superhero, superhero podcast, DCU, DC YOU, dc rebirth, dc comics rebirth, batman rebirth, superman rebirth, green arrow rebirth, green lantern rebirth, New 52, Supergirl, Superboy
- Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Us on Twitter @weirdsciencedc
- Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/weirdsciencedccomics
- Call the New Rant and Rave Line!!! (641) 715-3900 Ext: 452328 Call anytime you need to get something off your chest about anything and everything!!! We will have a new weekly segment with all of your calls.
- Click HERE to check us out on iTunes and be sure to give us a quick review
Jim and Eric discuss Volume 1 of the New 52 Green Arrow. Eric actually had very fond memories of this book…does he still agree with those as we go back and check it out? Let’s just say, sometimes you shouldn’t go home again!
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 140, March 1964, was published on January 30, 1964. It contained
32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon as the penciller, while both sources credit Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. Comic Book Database.com lists Jim Mooney and Sheldon Moldoff without designating who was the penciller or inker.
– The fifteen page Superman/Batman story was titled, THE CLAYFACE SUPERMAN, written by Dave Wood. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics credits Jim Mooney as the penciller and Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Jim Mooney as the artist. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy were featured in the ten page story, THE LAND OF NO RETURN, written by Bill Finger and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
This issue marked the last issue edited by Jack Schiff before Mort Weisinger brought the title into his stable. A few months later he would be removed as editor of the Batman titles because of low sales. Julius Schwartz would become the new editor with DETECTIVE COMICS 327 and BATMAN 164, beginning the Caped Crusader’s silver age with a yellow circle around the bat logo on his chest. Schiff would become the editor of HOUSE OF SECRETS, STRANGE ADVENTURES, HOUSE OF MYSTERY, TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED and MYSTERY IN SPACE until his retirement from DC Comics in 1967, after a 25 year career with the company. One of his hallmarks with DC were his Public Service Announcements, which ran in DC’s title, tapping into comic books’ potential as an educational medium. For more information about Jack Schiff click here.
The episode begins with the MY PULL LIST segment, covering the June 2017 comic books published in April, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1964: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 48 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 76!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!
It’s time for the only podcast crazy enough to go 10+ hours and live to tell the tale. Yep, after a short one last week (7+ hours!), Jim, Eric and the gang are back to party like it’s 2017. Enjoy!
Eric Shea is back just in time to talk some DC Comics. There weren’t a lot of books this week and they may not have been the greatest, but it all works out in the end…hopefully. Enjoy! Continue reading