ACTION COMICS 292, September 1962, was published around July 26, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– The 14 page Superman story was titled WHEN SUPERMAN DEFENDED HIS ARCH-ENEMY. No writer was credited, but the artist was Al Plastino. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. III.
– The 11 page Supergirl story was titled, THE SUPER-STEED OF STEEL, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 28 titles carried the September or September/October 1962 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1959 PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 105!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1959 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 13!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962 PART I: SUPERMAN 156!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962 PART II: ACTION COMICS 293!
I also update the story of Al Plastino’s art for the SUPERMAN 170 story, SUPERMAN’S MISSION FOR PRESIDENT KENNEDY, which he had intended to be donated to the JFK Presidential Library, but instead recently surfaced for auction.
Superman Homepage writer Adam Dechanel is the writer and co-director of a play that will be performed during the holiday season in London. Go to http://thejunglebook.eu/ for more information. A video trailer can be found here.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !