SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90, January 1966, was published on November 25, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (5:10) After reading a comment left at the end of last week’s episode, I review the book, THE LEGION OF REGRETTABLE SUPERVILLAINS: ODDBALL CRIMINALS FROM COMIC BOOK HISTORY (253 pgs), written by John Morris and published by Quirk Books in 2917.
– (7:16) MY PULL LIST, where I review the comic books which carried the October 2019 cover date, that I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
– (18:07) THE BRAIN-WASHING OF JIMMY OLSEN (14 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin. This was Siegel’s 58th silver age Superman story, and his 155th overall for the era.
– (42:08) JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
– (50:48) MR. MXYZPTLK’S PARTNER IN CRIME (10 pgs.), written by Otto Binder, drawn by Al Plastino and lettered by Milt Snappin.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 155, PART II: SUPERMAN 184, PART III: ACTION COMICS 333 & PART IV: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 63!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.