ACTION COMICS 332, January 1966, was published on November 25, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, George Klein was the inker, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– (3:38) After reading a comment left at the bottom of last week’s episode, I review the biography, OTTO BINDER: THE LIFE AND WORK OF A COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION VISIONARY, written by the late writer Bill Schelly (who sadly passed away on September 12, 2019). The book was published by North Atlantic Books in 2003.
– (6:57) MY PULL LIST segment, where I review the comic books I read which carried the September 2019 cover date and were released during the month if July, that I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
– (18:59) The Superman story in this issue was titled, THE SUPER-VENGEANCE OF LEX LUTHOR (12 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, drawn by Al Plastino and lettered by Joe Letterese.
– (48:36) Supergirl starred in the twelve page story, HOW SUPERWOMAN TRAINED SUPERBOY, written by Leo Dorfman, drawn by Jim Mooney and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (1:13:19) METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1966 PART IV: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90 and ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS where we look at the other DC Comics titles which carried the January, or January/February 1966 cover date!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 156, PART II: SUPERMAN 184, PART III: ACTION COMICS 333 and PART IV: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 83!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.