SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 62, January 1966, was published on November 11, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for the story.
– (3:25) I review HEROES & MONSTERS: THE UNOFFICIAL COMPANION TO THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN by Jess Nevins, published by Monkeybrain Books in 2003. For more information go to jessnevins.com.
– (6:26) Next I review NO GUTS NO GLORY: HOW TO MARKET YOURSELF IN COMICS by Beau Smith, published by Blue Line Pro.
– (7:31) MY PULL LIST segment, featuring the comic books which carried the August 2019 cover date that I received from Discount Comic Book Service, and were published during the month of June.
– (22:12) LOIS LANE’S ANTI-SUPERMAN CAMPAIGN (24 pgs. divided into three parts, Part I was 9 pgs), written by Leo Dorfman and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (33:13) Part II: MR. MXYZPTLK’S ELECTION MAGIC (8 pgs.).
– (40:50) Part III: THE SUPER-ELECTION (7 pgs.).
– (1:10:18) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode:SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1966: PART III: SUPERMAN 183 (80 Pg. Giant), PART IV: ACTION COMICS 332 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90 (including ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS cover dated January 1966)!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 156, PART II: SUPERMAN 184, PART III: ACTION COMICS 333 & PART IV: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 63!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.