THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 63, December 1965/January 1966, was published on October 21, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. George Kashdan was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by John Rosenberger, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. But according to the Grand Comic Book Database, Jim Mooney was the artist. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics credits Jim Mooney as the inker. I also share a brief history of this title, including its evolution into a Batman team-up book, with DC superheroes other than Superman.
– (3:03) A review of the book, LIVING LIFE INSIDE THE LINES: TALES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF ANIMATION, written by Martha Sigall and published by University Press Of Mississippi in 2005.
– (10:14) Part I of the story, THE REVOLT OF THE SUPER-CHICKS (25 pages divided into three parts), written by Bob Haney, pencilled by John Rosenberger and inked by Win Mortimer, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits John Rosenberger as both penciller and inker. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– (25:43) Part II
– (36:45) Part III
– (52:03) SOME UNSUNG HEROINES, writer unknown, about female heroes of American history, like Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell, the first female physician in the United States, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, both crusaders for women’s right to vote.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1965: PART III: ACTION COMICS 331 & PART IV: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 154!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1966: PART I:SUPERMAN 182, PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 62, PART III: SUPERMAN 183 (an 80 Page Giant), PART IV: ACTION COMICS 332 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!