SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 61, November 1965, was published on September 23, 1965 (four days before my fifth birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist on both stories in this issue. The letterer was Ira Schnapp.
– (8:42) SUPERMAN’S MARRIAGE MONEY (8 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (27:22) THE REPTILE GIRL OF METROPOLIS (16 pgs., divided into two eight page parts), written by Leo Dorfman and lettered by Vivian Berg. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 114, September 1971, released on July 22, 1971. It contained 48 pages for the cover price of a quarter. E. Nelson Bridwell was the editor.
– (36:47) PART II: THE SECRET OF THE REPTILE GIRL.
– (52:43) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1965: PART IV: ACTION COMICS 330! At the end of the episode we will look at the other DC Comics titles that carried the November or November/December 1965 cover date.
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1965: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 89, PART II: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 63 (starring Supergirl and Wonder Woman), PART III: ACTION COMICS 331 & PART IV: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 154!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!