SUPERMAN 181, November 1965, was published on September 16, 1965 (eleven days before my fifth birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover, featuring the issue’s second and final story, was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein, the art team for both stories in this issue. The cover was lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (5:18) THE SUPER-SCOOPS OF MORNA VINE (16 pages divided into two 8-page parts), written by Leo Dorfman.
– (22:58) Part II: THE SECRET OF THE NEW SUPERGIRL.
– (47:04) METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
– (54:41) THE SUPERMAN OF 2965 (8 pgs.), subtitled The First Of A New Series, was written by Edmond Hamilton. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN 244, November 1971, released on September 16, 1971, exactly six years to the day after this story was originally published. It was also reprinted in SUPERMAN: PAST AND FUTURE.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1965: PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 61 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 330!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1965: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 89, PART II: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 63 (starring Supergirl and Wonder Woman), PART III: ACTION COMICS 331 & PART IV: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 154!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!