WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 153, November 1965, was published on September 9, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, George Klein was the inker, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. This cover was lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (9:16) THE CLASH OF CAPE AND COWL (16 pgs, Part I is 9 pgs. long), plotted by Cary Bates, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This was the first Imaginary Story to appear in this series, and the 20th Imaginary Story we’ve covered on the podcast.
– (23:26) PART II: THE DEATH OF A HERO (7 pgs.).
– (43:52) CAPE AND COWL COMMENTS letter column.
– (55:05) THE BOY WHO CHANGED THE FUTURE (6 pgs.), the second installment of the EDITOR’S ROUND TABLE, where DC editors chose past stories to reprint. This story was written by John Broome, pencilled by Bob Oksner, inked by Bernard Sachs and lettered by Gaspar Saladino. It was originally published in STRANGE ADVENTURES 21, June 1952. The issue contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime, and the editor was Julius Schwartz.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1965: PART II: SUPERMAN 181, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 61 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 330!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!