WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 152, September 1965, was published on July 22, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (17:23) THE COLOSSAL KIDS (16 pgs, Part I was 9 pgs. long), written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. III.
– (30:16) PART II: THE MAGIC OF BAT-MITE AND MR. MXYZPTLK (7 pgs.).
– (53:19) WEAPONS OF DESTINY (6 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Otto Binder as the writer. The artist was Bill Ely and the letterer was Pat Gordon. This story was originally published as the first of five stories in TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED 13, May 1957, released on March 19, 1957. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff and the cover was drawn by Jack Kirby. The editor caption at the beginning of this reprint explained that this was the first of a new feature, the EDITOR’S ROUND TABLE, a new feature that would highlight the editors’ favorite stories.
– (57:08) CAPE AND COWL COMMENTS letter column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1965: PART IV: ACTION COMICS 328!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1965: PART I: SUPERMAN 180, PART II: 80 PAGE GIANT 15 (starring Superman and Batman, also the final issue of the series. There will be other 80 PAGE GIANT issues, but they will be considered part of their respective comic book series.), PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 60, PART IV: ACTION COMICS 329 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 88!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!