SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 87, September 1965, was published on July 8, 1965. It contained 32 pages for cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s first of three eight page stories.
– (4:57) THE ARENA OF DOOM, written by Jerry Siegel, drawn by Al Plastino and lettered by Milt Snappin. This was Siegel’s 94th silver age Superman Family story and his 148th overall for the era. (NOTE: During the recording I mistakenly said it was his 55th Superman story.)
– (22:47) BIZARRO-JIMMY, ROCK – ‘N’ – ROLL STAR, written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by John Forte and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This was Siegel’s 95th silver age Superman Family story and his 149th overall for the era.
– (35:38) JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
– (41:38) ‘ORACLE’ OLSEN’S FUTURE SCOOPS, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1965: PART II: 80 PAGE GIANT 14 (starring Lois Lane), PART III: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 152 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 328!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!