SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 59, August 1965, was published on June 24, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. It featured the issue’s second of three stories.
– (8:48) MY PULL LIST featuring the comic books cover dated January 2019 which were released during the month of November 2018.
– (18:51) LOIS LANE’S SUPER-PERFECT CRIME (8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Vivian Berg. This was Siegel’s 93rd silver age Superman Family story, and his 147th overall for the era.
– (35:00) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
– (38:36) LOIS LANE’S ROMANCE WITH LOIS LANE (8 pgs.), featured on the cover, was written by Otto Binder, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Milt Snappin. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN: PAST AND FUTURE.
– (57:08) SUPERMAN AND BATMAN’S JOKE ON LOIS LANE (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1965: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 87, PART II: 80 PAGE GIANT 14 (starring Lois Lane), PART III: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 152 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 328!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!