80 PAGE GIANT 6, January 1965, was published on November 19, 1964. It contained 80 pages, as the title indicates, for the cover price of 25¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– (4:24) MY PULL LIST segment featuring the comic books cover dated June 2018, released during the month of April, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service. The exception is ACTION COMICS 1,000, which I reviewed in Episode 378 Part I.
– (13:57) THE CREATURE OF 1,000 DISGUISES (12 pgs.), written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was originally published as the first of three stories in ACTION COMICS 234, November 1957, released on September 26, 1957.
– (30:06) THE THING THAT STALKED SMALLVILLE (11 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by George Papp. It was originally printed as a thirteen page story, the first of three, in ADVENTURE COMICS 274, July 1960, published on May 30, 1960.
– (45:19) JIMMY OLSEN’S PRIVATE MONSTER (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte. This story was originally published as the third and final one in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 43, March 1960, released around January 5, 1960. We first covered this story in Episode 297 Part I.
– (1:00:49) THE HYPER-MENACE FROM KRYPTON (12 pgs.), written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. It was first released as the first of three stories in ACTION COMICS 216, May 1956, published around March 29, 1956.
– (1:19:10) THE BATTLE WITH BIZARRO (20 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino. This story combines a two-part story first published in ACTION COMICS 254, July 1959, released on May 29, 1959, titled THE BATTLE WITH BIZARRO; and ACTION COMICS 255, August 1959, published on June 30, 1959, titled THE BRIDE OF BIZARRO. It was reprinted in SUPERMAN IN THE FIFTIES, SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I and SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. I. We first covered this story in Episode 67 Part I, then again in Episode 192, for the week of August 17, 2011 and Episode 194 for the week of August 31, 2011.
– (1:42:11) THE MYSTERY OF MONSTER X (12 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino. It was first released as the first of three stories in ADVENTURE COMICS 245, February 1958, published on December 31, 1957.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1965 PART IV: ACTION COMICS 320 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 82!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1965: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 147, PART II: SUPERMAN 175, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 55 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 321!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and