NOTE: On the last episode, listener Halk-Kar wrote a comment about a real building in New York City that resembles the one shown on the cover of SUPERMAN 174, which had traffic flowing through it in both directions. He shared this link where you can read more about it.
SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 54, January 1965, was published on November 12, 1964. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Ira Schnapp. The cover featured the issue’s third and final eight page story.
– (6:23) LOIS LANE, CUPID, writer unknown, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– (26:36) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
– (32:41) LOIS LANE, DAILY PLANET EDITOR, written by Leo Dorfman, penciled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN: DAILY PLANET.
– (51:59) THE MONSTER WHO LOVED LOIS LANE, written by Edmond Hamilton, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Vivian Berg. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 113, September/October 1971, published on July 6, 1971. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 35¢.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1965: PART II: 80-PAGE GIANT 6 (featuring Superman), PART IV: ACTION COMICS 320 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 82!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1965: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 147, PART II: SUPERMAN 175, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 55 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 321!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and