SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 80, October 1964, was published around August 27, 1964 (which was my parents’ 5th wedding anniversary). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by Sheldon Moldoff and inked by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s first of two stories.
– (3:17) JIMMY OLSEN, THE BIZARRO BOY (16 pgs., Part I was 7 pgs. long), was written by Jerry Siegel (NOTE: I mistakenly said that the writer was unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. Siegel is listed as the writer there. The Grand Comic Book Database places a question mark after his name.) This story was his 81st Superman Family story in the silver age, and his 128th overall for the era. It was pencilled by John Forte and inked by George Klein. The story was also reprinted in: SUPERMAN: THE AMAZING TRANSFORMATIONS OF JIMMY OLSEN.
– (11:07) PART II: JIMMY OLSEN, THE BIZARRO BOY (8 pgs.) (NOTE: I mistakenly said the title was JIMMY OLSEN’S DOUBLE TROUBLE, which was the title of the second and final story in this issue.)
– (28:13) JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
– (33:21) JIMMY OLSEN’S DOUBLE-TROUBLE (8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel and drawn by George Papp. This was Siegel’s 82nd silver age Superman Family story, and his 129th overall for the era.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN 2017: YEAR IN REVIEW!
Then we will return to our regularly scheduled Silver Age Superman stories with: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1964: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 145, PART II: SUPERMAN 173, PART III: ACTION COMICS 318 & PART IV: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 53!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!