SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 46, January 1964, was published on November 14, 1963 (the day before my Grandfather’s 53rd birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– The 25 page story in this issue was divided into three parts. Part I carried the same title as the overall story. The writer was unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. The story was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. This is the 14th Imaginary Story we’ve covered on this podcast.
– Part I: LOIS LANE’S OUTLAW SON (8 pgs.)
– Part II: THE FATE OF SUPERMAN’S DAUGHTER (9 pgs.)
– Part III: THE WEDDING OF LOIS LANE’S SON AND SUPERMAN’S DAUGHTER (8 pgs.)
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
At the beginning of the episode I review the WONDER WOMAN film, which my wife and I saw Friday evening, June 9, 2017.
I have created a website as an online home for my artwork, WAYFARER COMICS. I am available for black and white pencil or ink commissions. For more information click on the Art Commissions tab at the website. The e-mail address for this website is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1964 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 74!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1964: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 139 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 47!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!