SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 43, March 1960, was published around January 5, 1960. This issue contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the issue’s third and final story. All three stories have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III.
– JIMMY OLSEN’S FOUR FADS (8 pgs.), the writer was unknown, but the art team was penciller Curt Swan and inker Stan Kaye.
– PHANTOM FINGERS OLSEN (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– JIMMY OLSEN’S PRIVATE MONSTER (9 pgs.), was written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte. This was Siegel’s 80th silver age Superman family story, and his 123rd overall for this era. Previously, he wrote, KRYPTO’S MEAN MASTER for ADVENTURE COMICS 269, February 1960, and LIFE ON KRYPTON in SUPERBOY 79, March 1960. Both of these stories were drawn by George Papp.
Also highlighted in this episode were the ads and other features in this issue, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
Next Episode; SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1960 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 108!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963 PART I: SUPERMAN 159!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963 PART II: ACTION COMICS 297!
In one month: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 16!
In 5 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 44!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !