Anthology Woes, Steampunk Nos
It’s the beginning of the month, which means it’s time for Andy and Derek to flip through the latest Previews catalog. In this issue, they highlight a variety of books and comic-book series that will be coming out later this year, including new titles from Dark Horse (The Goon: Occasion of Revenge #1, Red Moon, and Sally Heathcote, Suffragette), DC/Vertigo (Bodies #1 and Trillium TP), Image (Low #1, Supreme: Blue Rose #1, Black Kiss 2: XXXmas in July Special, and Murder Me Dead), Adhouse Books (Youth Is Wasted), BOOM! Studios (Black Market #1), Dynamite Entertainment (The Devilers #1), Drawn and Quarterly (Benson’s Cuckoos), Fantagraphics (The Hip Hop Family Tree, Vol. 2, DKW: Ditko, Kirby, Wood, Jim, and Luba and Her Family), First Second (The Shadow Hero), Hill and Wang (Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me TP), and Knockabout Comics (Beatles with an A: The Birth of a Band). Among the highlights from this episode, you will hear
- Derek’s frustration at not getting his copy of Previews in time, and thus, having to rely on a crappy text file
- Andy renewing his ongoing resistance to anything with “steam” in the title
- Fantasies about killing clowns
- More gripes about series numbering and the shenanigans of Marvel
- Derek going negative on Vertigo’s new attempt at an anthology, and then Andy advising Derek to readjust his expectations on anthologies
This this a fun episode? Of course it is! And it’s the kind of good quality podcasting you’ve come to expect from The Two Guys with PhDs Talking about Comics™.