DC comics rebooted their continuity in 1986 with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Wonder Woman was killed in the mini-series and her book was not restarted until 1987. Join Dylan and John as they review and react to the first story arc from the reboot of Wonder Woman. Issues 1-7 give Wonder Woman’s origin as well as follow her as she tries to save the world from Ares’ evil plan.
If you would like to download the MP3 to your device, right click the link below and Save As
- A bit of sexism (Etta has to demand a weapon from Michaelis #5)
- Who was going to stop the Soviets from firing their missle?
- Ares’ plan (nuclear war)
- Merging the Greek Mythology into Wonder Woman’s origins.
- Wonder Woman figuring out how to use her powers.
- Wonder Woman having to learn English
- Re-design of Col. Trevor and Etta Candy
- Grounding of the story in the cold war
- Wonder Woman not being a founding member of the Justice League
- William Moulton Marstan
- Bondage and symbolism
Join us on September 22nd for a supplemental covering some major comics news that has come out recently from Marvel and DC.
The intro music was composed by longzijun and can be found on youtube here:
Contact us with any feedback or suggestions you may have:
We look forward to hearing form you and thanks for listening.