SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 7, February 1959, was published around December 25, 1958. It contained 32 pages for a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley. All three stories have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II and SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE ARCHIVE vol. I.
– LOIS LANE’S KISS OF DEATH (8 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein (according to the Grand Comic Book Database, and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was also reprinted in LOIS LANE ANNUAL 2.
– WHEN LOIS LANE FORGOT SUPERMAN (9 pgs.), according to the Grand Comic Book Database, was written by Alvin Schwartz, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE GIRL WHO STOLE SUPERMAN (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Coleman according to the Grand Comic Book Database and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was also reprinted in 80 PG. GIANT 3.
Elsewhere in DC Comics 34 titles carried the February, or February/March 1959 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, and covered at the end of Episode 182, for the week of June 8, 2011.
Since this episode covers a single comic book issue, the other ads and features are highlighted, including an article featuring TV’S LOIS LANE and LETTERS FOR LOIS.
Next Episode: GIANT SUPERMAN ANNUAL 4!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1962: SUPERMAN 151 & ACTION COMICS 285!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!