We had the distinct pleasure of talking with Jim Rugg about…almost everything! Here’s a short list of some topics we discussed:
– Podcasting, building a local listenership and being part of a community
– The new back issue market
– Image Comics: Then and now
– 90s comics and the comics renaissance in the early 2000s
– Media influence on comics reading
– Creative challenges and separating creators from their work
– Can Marvel/DC still bring in new/casual readers?
– Webcomics/indie/art comics
– Jim’s previous/current work, creative influences, “This #*?! Isn’t Very Funny“, future shows and, of course, Rob Liefeld
Make sure to check out Jim’s exhibit, This #*?! Isn’t Very Funny, which runs at the ToonSeum from March 29th-May 6th. An opening reception will take place on March 29th from 7pm-9:30pm.
Don’t forget to also check out the Toonseum Mini-Con, April 5th & 6th, 6pm-9pm.
Comic Book Pitt t-shirts are now available! Get one for yourself or that special nerd in your life.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our voice mail line at (412)450-0CBP (0227).
Thanks for listening!